Friday, August 8, 2008

Family Update!

A quick update on what we have all been up to!

Aaron has joined the Air Force and currently is attending tech. school at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX.


After he has completed his training we are moving to Shaw AFB in Sumter, South Carolina which is a 50 min drive east of Columbia and a 2 hours 20 min drive west of Myrtle Beach!



Although Aaron hasn't been sold on the idea of living away from the mountains and in the heat and humidity that South Carolina has to offer I am looking forward to and so excited for this opportunity! I am sure once we get there and Aaron has the opportunity to golf he too will be excited!


As for Taylie and Sage, they seem excited to move "close to the beach!" However, are unaware of how long a 2 hour 20 min drive really is. Although after driving to Texas from Utah on 2 separate occasions so far to visit daddy has seemed to make a 2 hours trip in the car seem so simple! I am sure that they also have yet to grasp that we are going to be living so far away from family and friends.



As for our trips to Texas...so far!

I flew down to Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX in May to see Aaron graduate from BMT and become an Airman! What an amazing opportunity to see the process of the graduation! Aaron was just excited that, that portion of his training was over! During Aaron's base leave we were able to go to The River Walk and The Alamo, two things I probably never would have gone to see otherwise and am glad to say now that I've checked off of the list of things to do...even though they were never really on my list of desired destinations to begin with.


Two weeks and 4 days later the kids and I drove down to Sheppard AFB to stay with Aaron for 6 days. Of which we celebrated Taylie's birthday on June 12th, Father's Day on June 15th and Sage's Birthday on June 16th!




Our next visit would come 5 weeks and 4 days later! We came home just this past Tues. after spending 18 days in heat that I never imagined possible! Put the heat aside and I had an awesome opportunity to spend time with my husband and the kids their father!






1 comment:

Mom D said...

Hi Emily and Aaron,
Aaron, I loved that father look on your face with your daughter -- on the couch, I believe -- a look of total bliss . . . sigh.
Emily, you are now forever a part of my heart and the hearts of all in LO240.
I miss and love you. Wish you and Aaron the best in your AF experience. Maybe he can get assigned to BYU Army ROTC (smile).
Darlene